Put simply, trading standards are what keep your products on the shelf and available for sale. They cover everything from selling knives to under 18-year-olds through to on-pack claims and making sure the price of the product is accurately stated. It’s really difficult to stay on top of all these complex issues as well as run your business, which is where we come in. Our team of experts can guide you through all the issues and intricacies of:
- Product development: Composition and legality of ingredients, nutritional values and allergens
- Pack copy: Mandatory declaration of ingredients and product claims
- Legality of marketing claims: What you can legally say and what you can’t in order to best present your product to the consumer. We have particular expertise in the grey areas of health and nutrition claims.
Trading standards regulations vary greatly in different countries. If you export your products, we can provide the local specialists in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and USA.
Our services include:
- Weights and measures
- Age restricted sales
- Food labelling
- Product claims
- Application of ASA Guidelines
- Consumer rights
- Health and nutrition statements
- Novel foods
- Product safety
- Unfair trading practices